VIERA Evaluator Agreement
I agree to the following Vancouver Island Emergency Response Academy guidelines when conducting a practical evaluation.
- Ensure that all students have received the requested evaluation checklist at least 24 hours prior to evaluation.
- Provide clarification as needed regarding the checklist.
- Ensure student’s name is clearly printed on the form.
- Ensure all safety issues pertaining evaluation location are clearly identified to the student.
- Clearly identify to the student all necessary equipment and PPE required.
- Clearly state to the student that if any unsafe act occurs, or has potential to occur, the evaluation will be stopped and an unsuccessful result will be issued to the student.
- Provide no coaching once the evaluation begins. (This is a test of the student’s knowledge and skills.)
- Clearly and concisely, document practical deficiencies resulting in an unsuccessful student.
- Instruct unsuccessful students to re-apply to Vancouver Island Emergency Response Academy (through proper channels) for a future evaluation date.
- Sign and clearly print his/her name on all evaluations conducted.
Last updated: September 16, 2019