Sewer and Drainage Problems

Property owners are responsible for their sewer service from their house to their connection to the main. In most areas of the city, a sewer clean-out is installed at your property line or easement line.

If you experience a sewer backup at your residence, it is the responsibility of the property owner to hire a reputable plumber to clear the service line.

For missing or buried clean-outs, please call the operations yard for a location.

If you notice that sewer effluent is escaping from a manhole, please call the public works operation yard for immediate attention.

Contact Us

Public Works Department 250-758-5222

Last updated: November 29, 2022

Help us improve our website

Don't include private or financial information in this form.

Collection and use of your personal information

Information collected on this form is done so under the general authority of the Community Charter and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA), and is protected in accordance with FOIPPA. Questions about the collection of your personal information may be referred to the Legislative Services Department at 250-755-4405, or via email at Please also see our Privacy Policy.