PROGRAM AND FACILITY UPDATES:
UPDATED PROVINCIAL HEALTH ORDERS FROM JANUARY 18
With the updated Provincial Health Order, please stay tuned for when weight rooms will open and fitness classes will resume with Parks, Recreation and Culture. Updates will be posted here and through social media.
We are happy to announce that Beban Pool is fully open which allows us to get back to regular scheduling at both pools. See our pool schedules.
More pool updates:
- Aquafit classes are running at both Beban Park Pool and Nanaimo Aquatic Centre. Pre-registration is mandatory up to 8 days in advance. Those participants 12 years and over must show proof of vaccination, and those 18 years and older must also accompany their proof of vaccination with government-issued photo ID.
- With the opening of Beban Park Pool we will be offering a short set of winter swimming lessons at Beban Park Pool only (no lessons at Nanaimo Aquatic Centre). Registration is now underway.
New Provincial Health restrictions to combat the rising cases of COVID-19 were announced on December 21. They affect the following Parks, Recreation and Culture services and events:
- The Beban Park and Nanaimo Aquatic Centre Weight Rooms are closed until January 18 at the earliest to be compliant with the latest Provincial Health Orders. For those with Active Pass memberships, staff is exploring options.
- All swimming, skating and other applicable programs require Proof of Vaccination for those participants 12 years and older. For those 18 years and over, government-issued photo ID is also required along with Proof of Vaccination.
- Pools and arenas now have 50 percent capacity limits.
- All fitness classes cancelled (except Aquafit classes which resume on January 17). Registrants will be contacted about refunds.
- Weddings, funerals, parties or any other life events taking place in City of Nanaimo facilities will be cancelled or postponed. Staff will be contacting those affected to provide options for rescheduling.
- Both indoor and outdoor sports tournaments have been cancelled. Staff will be contacting those affected to provide options for rescheduling.
- Event capacities for most events have been reduced to 50 percent.
Staff will continue to update our participants on these changes through the City of Nanaimo website, social media and other appropriate mediums.
For more information from the Province of British Columbia on COVID-19, the vaccine card and the latest Provincial Health updates, please see their website.
Your Winter 2022 Activity Guide is now available for online viewing. Registration is now underway. Please note that registration for winter swimming lessons will be delayed until further notice. A new date will be announced in early 2022.
To find out what programs we are offering, please use one of the following tools:
Program information is changing on a regular basis, so check back for updates often. Our online guide will be updated as programs are changed.
There are three ways to register:
- Telephone: call 250-756-5200
- In Person: Bowen Park, Nanaimo Aquatic Centre and Oliver Woods Community Centre