PROGRAM AND FACILITY UPDATES:
The announcement on June 29, 2021 from the Provincial Government is very exciting! The City of Nanaimo, Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture is looking forward to increasing our levels of service that are in compliance with Phase 3 of BC Restart Plan.
Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan will see the following changes at Parks, Recreation and Culture:
AS OF JULY 1:
- Mask use for indoor activities not required but encouraged.
- Fitness classes - all indoor fitness classes allowed to run with normal capacity.
- Weight Rooms will gradually increase to normal capacity (pre-registration required for these sessions until September 7).
- Indoor spectators of 50 people or 50% capacity (whichever is greater) permitted.
- Outdoor spectators of 5,000 or 50% capacity (whichever is great) permitted.
- All pre-registered sessions (swimming, skating, gymnasium sports) have increased capacity (pre-registration required for these sessions until September 7).
- New Communicable Disease Guidelines will be in place.
- For the latest information on our programs, please see our online Summer Activity Guide.
AS OF JULY 12:
- Oliver Woods Community Centre, Bowen Complex and Nanaimo Aquatic Centre open to the public for registration, washrooms and water fountains.
- Nanaimo Ice Centre will be staffed with cashiers for public sessions.
- Hot tub, slides and saunas open at Nanaimo Aquatic Centre.
AS OF AUGUST 18:
- Beban Pool lobby (registration office) open for Fall 2021 registration, washrooms and water fountains. Find staff at our "Celebration Stations" on this day in various recreation lobbies as we welcome you back and share with you our programs options for the Fall 2021 season.
- Beban Park undergoing major electrical upgrade so Social Centre will not be open; Beban Pool lobby and program registration available.
AS OF SEPTEMBER 7:
- Pre-registration for swimming, skating, gymnasium sports and pottery no longer required. Please register at the facility prior to your session.
- Active Pass memberships for 1 year available for sale with monthly scheduled payment plan available.
Your Summer 2021 Activity Guide is now available online to view. Registration is now underway.
To find out what programs we are offering, please use one of the following tools:
Program information is changing on a regular basis, so check back for updates often. Our online guide will be updated as programs are changed.
There are three ways to register:
- Telephone: call 250-756-5200
- In Person: Bowen Park, Nanaimo Aquatic Centre and Oliver Woods Community Centre