PROGRAM AND FACILITY UPDATES:
The Health Order for Vaccine Status applies to the following for participation in indoor recreation services as of MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13:
- Children under 12 years of age are not required to provide proof of vaccination
- Children and youth ages 12 to 21 are not required to provide proof of vaccination
- Those participating in swimming activities are not required to show proof of vaccination unless they are attending an event of 50+ people (i.e. swim meet)
- Children and youth (up to 21 years) participating in skating/hockey activities are not required to show proof of vaccination unless they are attending an event of 50+ people (i.e. hockey tournament)
- Adults 22+ years of age participating in indoor land fitness, sports, martial arts, yoga, dance, weight rooms and attending an event of 50+ people are required to show proof of vaccination
- Where proof of vaccination is required, government issued photo ID (driver's license, BCID, passport) is also required for those 19 years of age and older
- For further clarification for programs taking place in the arenas, click here
For more information from the Province of British Columbia on COVID-19, and the vaccine card please see their website.
We are in Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan:
- Fitness classes - all indoor fitness classes allowed to run with normal capacity.
- Weight Rooms will gradually increase to normal capacity (pre-registration required for these).
- Indoor spectators of 50 people or 50% capacity (whichever is greater) permitted.
- Outdoor spectators of 5,000 or 50% capacity (whichever is great) permitted.
- All drop-in (swimming, skating, gymnasium sports) have increased capacity (pre-registration required for gymnasium sports, pottery and aquafit classes).
- New Communicable Disease Guidelines in place.
- Oliver Woods Community Centre, Bowen Complex and Nanaimo Aquatic Centre open to the public for registration, washrooms and water fountains.
- Nanaimo Ice Centre will be staffed with cashiers for public sessions.
- Hot tub, slides and saunas open at Nanaimo Aquatic Centre.
Your Fall 2021 Activity Guide is now available for online viewing. Registration for fall programs is now underway.
To find out what programs we are offering, please use one of the following tools:
Program information is changing on a regular basis, so check back for updates often. Our online guide will be updated as programs are changed.
There are three ways to register:
- Telephone: call 250-756-5200
- In Person: Bowen Park, Nanaimo Aquatic Centre and Oliver Woods Community Centre