- the nature of the cause
- history and background of the organization/cause
- how lighting will be used to benefit the cause
- the requested date for the lighting
- the requested colour(s) for the lighting
Applicants will be advised by phone or email stating whether their request has been approved within two (2) business days of receipt.
If a lighting request is approved, the Bastion will be illuminated for the dates requested from dusk to dawn. The lights operate on a sensor that will activate at darkness and turnoff when daylight.
- private or personal events (birthdays, anniversaries, or weddings)
- anything that contravenes city policies or by-laws
- events or organizations with no direct impact or connection to the City of Nanaimo
- matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction
Note: The Bastion is wrapped in its yearly rain screen on or about the last week of October to protect it during the inclement weather of winter. The wrapping can still be illuminated against and does not affect the outline.
Lighting Request Form
Please complete the following online form to submit your request.