We will collect one green bin worth of kitchen waste from your home every week.
New Sort Toss Roll Carts
- We now collect yard waste commingled with kitchen scraps.
- City provided cart is 120L for single family homes, 240L for homes with suites.
- If your cart is broken or needs repairs, the City will do this at no cost.
- Residents cannot up-size their organics cart as the capacity of the processing plant is limited. We hope to be able to revisit this next year, pending planned upgrades to the processing plant.
- Use of “certified compostable” bags to line your kitchen container is acceptable.
What you can put in your Green Bin
- Yard waste (leaves, grass and light trimmings - no branches or woody items)
- Food scraps
- Fats, oils, and greases in your organics cart (butter, salad dressing, meat scraps, etc)
- Vegetables, salad and fruit
- Paper towels, napkins and paper plates
- Compostable paper take out containers
- Meat, poultry, fish, shellfish and bones
- Bread, dough, pasta and grain
- Floral arrangements
- Egg and dairy products
- Coffee grounds
- Coffee filters and tea bags
- Table and plate scraps
- soiled paper and card