We will collect one green bin worth of kitchen waste from your home every week.
- The maximum weight per green bin is 20 kilograms or 44 pounds.
- Kitchen waste will only be collected from City provided green bins (maximum one bin per home).
- If you need a new green bin you can purchase one from Public Works for $25.
What you can put in your Green Bin
- Food scraps
- Vegetables, salad and fruit
- Paper towels, napkins and paper plates
- Compostable paper take out containers
- Meat, poultry, fish, shellfish and bones
- Bread, dough, pasta and grain
- Floral arrangements
- Egg and dairy products
- Coffee grounds
- Coffee filters and tea bags
- Table and plate scraps
- soiled paper and card