Saturday - Sunday, August 14-15, 2021
Looking to declutter your home, garage or workplace? Give old household items a new life with the City of Nanaimo's annual city-wide swap meet!
Reuse Rendezvous is a community event to celebrate the Zero Waste principles of reuse and redistribution! You know the old saying - One person's trash is another person's treasure. As a redistributor or a bargain lover, your participation in Reuse Rendezvous helps keep usable goods out of the landfill and reduces the need for production of brand new goods.
Redistributors – Find a match for your unwanted-but-usable household goods.
- Mark the item with a “FREE” tag.
- By Saturday morning, set your items at your curb - Please do not block sidewalks or bike paths.
- Watch out for the weather! Sun is in the forecast, but keep an eye out on your items so they don't get ruined by rain or blown away by the wind.
- Feel good over the weekend as you watch your items find a new home.
- Bring back any unwanted items by Monday, August 16 - The City will NOT be collecting these items.
Bargain Lovers – Join in by searching the city for marked free items you can take home and reuse.
- Search for treasures in your neighbourhood, or explore other areas of the city.
- Be Zero Waste conscious - Only take items you can put to use.
- Stay safe when searching for bargains:
- Slow down and watch for children.
- Park carefully - Please do not block roadways, sidewalks or bike paths; turn off your vehicle.
- Obey traffic signs and speed limits.