Recycling (Blue Cart)
- Black garbage carts are collected every two weeks
- Green organics carts are collected weekly
- Blue recyclable carts are picked up on alternating weeks with your black cart
Remember to place your carts at the curbside by 8 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
*Ensure carts are not too full so that the lids can close.
Keep items loose - do NOT bag items and do NOT nest items of different materials inside one another.
Rinse, squish and flatten before placing in cart. Remove any tape, string, ribbon or other contaminants.
** Remember to take all beverage containers to a Return-It Depot for a refund.
What you can put in your recycling
- Corrugated cardboard must be cut/flattened to a maximum 2' x 2' (60 cm x 60 cm), including "clean" pizza boxes
- Aluminum containers, ie: pie plates, take out containers, food trays and pet food containers
- Plastic containers including detergent bottles, yogurt, shampoo, margarine, and milk jugs, to-go drink cups & lids and bowls, etc.
- Aseptic containers for soup, broth, almond and & soy milks, etc.
- Printed paper including newspaper, inserts & magazines, junk mail, gift wrap, cereal boxes and egg cartons, paper towel cores, flour & sugar bags etc.
- Aerosol cans & caps for whipping cream, air fresheners, shaving cream and hairspray
- Steel containers and foil, ie: soup cans, lids and clean aluminum foil
- Paper packaging for liquids & dry items, ie: milk cartons, fast food paper, drink cups & take out packaging, ice cream cartons and spiral wound cans for juice concentrates and potato chips.
- Clam shells, ie: strawberry & blueberry containers and bakery items
- Seedling trays and plant pots