Fast Track Building Permit Program
Welcome to the Fast Track Building Permit program page. Please read the following sections thoroughly as incomplete and/or erroneous submissions will be cancelled.
Application for a Fast Track Building Permit
We have created a new, streamlined tenant improvement permitting process for landlords, tenants, builders, and architects.
This program has been created to move simple Tenant Improvement permit applications through the permitting process in as little as 15 business days.
Please note: The success of this new program is largely dependent on your understanding of what fits into the stream as well as the submission of a complete application.
What qualifies for the Fast Track program?
The Fast Track Building Permit program process is intended for Tenant Improvement applications that are within the same tenant space. Change of Use permits will not be considered for the Fast Track program.
All tenant improvements are eligible for the Fast Track Building Permit program with the following exceptions:
- Tenant Improvements within Group A, Group B, or Group F (Division 1) Occupancies
The following alterations may be considered for the Fast Track Building Permit program at the discretion of the Building Official reviewing the application:
- Shell building fit outs/new units
- Change in size to the CRU (moving a demising wall)
- Creating a new CRU
What are the Fast Track steps?
- Applications are to be made online through the Fast Track Building Permit application portal.
- Once an application has been made, a meeting is required to ensure the application is complete and meets the criteria of the Fast Track Building Permit program. You will be contacted by the City within 5 business days to book the meeting.
- Once your application has been accepted, staff may request small adjustments or clarifications if needed. We will endeavor to issue a permit within 15 business days.
Please note: Incomplete applications and applications that do not fit within the Fast Track Building Permit program parameters will be cancelled. A reapplication to the appropriate permit stream will be required.
Fast Track Building Permit program documents
Please download and complete the following forms. These forms MUST be downloaded each time you submit an application to ensure you are working from the most current version:
Fast Track Agreement and Application
Please read and agree to the conditions below to gain access to the Fast Track Building Permit application. Note: Once the box has been checked acknowledging acceptance of the terms and conditions, a link will appear to the application.