Report Illegal Construction

If you see work being done on a structure and cannot see a Building Permit posted or if you are concerned about whether a secondary suite is legal or not, please contact our office at 250-755-4429 and provide the details of the concern, including the street address and the nature of the work being undertaken.  Note we also require the name and phone number of the person registering the complaint.

Alternatively, you may also submit your complaint by filling out the form below.  Please be as specific as possible and include the address of the subject property.




Contact Us

Building Inspections Section 250-755-4429

Last updated: November 9, 2018

Help us improve our website

Don't include private or financial information in this form.

Collection and use of your personal information
Information collected on this form is done so under the general authority of the Community Charter and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA), and is protected in accordance with FOIPPA. Questions about the collection of your personal information may be referred to the Legislative Services Department at (250) 755-4405, or via email at

Privacy Policy