We will collect one standard bag or can of garbage from your home every two weeks (alternating with your recycling collection).
- The maximum weight per standard size container is 20 kilograms or 44 pounds
- The maximum bag or bin size is 77 litres. If your bin is bigger than 77 litres, please make sure the garbage inside is contained in one standard sized bag.
Items you can't put in the garbage
- Oils or oil filters
- Rocks, dirt or sod
- Pharmaceuticals and medications
- Mattresses and box springs
- Food scraps and yard waste
- Trade or industrial waste
- Car parts, batteries or tires
- Pet waste and animal carcasses
- Paint, solvents and other hazardous materials
- Particulate waste (unwrapped ashes and sawdust)
- Uncontained liquids
- Product stewardship (take-back) items
- Biomedical and pathological waste
- Oversized items of any kind larger than 2 feet in any dimension
What is garbage anyway?
If you have more than one bag of garbage you can buy a tag to place on your additional bag.
Garbage tags cost $3 each. You may use a maximum of two tags for any one collection leaving you a maximum of three bags to be collected.
Check out our flyer to find out where you can purchase garbage tags.
Garbage Tag Flyer
Last updated: June 11, 2018