New Construction - Single/Two Family Dwelling Permit
A building permit is required when you are constructing a new residential building. There are many factors to consider when starting a new construction project; you may find many of your questions can be answered in our extensive Residential Construction Guide.
What information is required for the building permit?
Applications must include the following:
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent (PDF) - if you are not the registered owner; and
- two sets of plans (minimum size of 11"x17" paper; graph/line paper is not acceptable) 1/4"=1' scale (see the application guide below for more plan requirement details); OR
- one PDF of the plans PLUS one hard copy
- Site plan [survey by a British Columbia Land Surveyor (BCLS) may be required for setbacks depending on design]
- Foundation/floor plans including point loads and engineered beams (if applicable)
- Elevation view
- Cross-Section view
And information as listed in: