Mayor's Leaders' Table
Establishing the Mayor’s Leaders’ Table (the “Table”) was a key recommendation of the 2020 Mayor’s Task Force on Recovery and Resilience.
Mayor's Leaders' Table Final Report to Council (PDF)
The purpose of the Mayor’s Leaders’ Table is to:
- Work in collaboration with First Nations, public bodies, private institutions, and community organizations to enhance local resilience and continue momentum for advocacy, community unity, and cohesion, especially with respect to large community-oriented infrastructure.
- Work in collaboration with the business community and community organizations to further the community’s economic, environmental, and social well-being.
- To consider and implement the recommendations contained in the (previous) Mayor’s Leaders’ Table Final Report dated July 18, 2022.
The membership of the Table will be as follows:
- The Mayor
- Five (5) to seven (7) additional members appointed by the Mayor
The Mayor will be the Chair of the Table and an alternate may be appointed in his absence.
The Table will have a term of a minimum two years. Upon completion of the mandate, the Table will cease.
The Mayor may, at his discretion, extend the length of time or increase the mandate of the Table.
The initial Table meeting will be called by the Chair, with the remaining meeting schedule established by the Table. It is expected that the Table will meet quarterly.
The Table may establish sub or working groups to accomplish particular tasks or explore specific topics. A sub or working group can only be established by a majority vote of the Table.
Membership of any sub or working group will be established by the Table.
The following City Departments may provide support to the Committee in accordance with the City of Nanaimo Committee Operating Guidelines:
- The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
- Legislative Services
- Engineering and Public Works
- Other departments as required