On your scheduled day of collection, make sure your carts are accessible to the truck by following the guidelines below.
- Set the carts out by 8:00 am.
- Carts should be placed as close to the roadway as possible, without blocking traffic, sidewalks, cycling lanes or roadways.
- Place your carts 1 metre (3 feet) apart from each other.
- Keep your cart 1 metre away from other barriers like cars, poles and utility boxes.
- Ensure there is a 3 metre clearance from overhanging obstacles.
- Make sure the lids are completely closed, and the arrows on top of the lids point towards the middle of the street.
The carts are lifted into the truck by mechanical arms, which have limited reach and require space around the carts to lift safely.