WHAT IS LEAP?
The City of Nanaimo LEAP program supports families in financial need to access Parks, Recreation and Culture programs and services.
WHAT CAN LEAP BE USED FOR?
- 50 free admissions per year per person for drop-in swimming, skating, weight rooms and drop-in gymnasium programs
- 50% off registered programs (maximum up to $40) for all family members up to four times per year per person
DO I QUALIFY FOR LEAP?
- Resident of City of Nanaimo, District of Lantzville or Regional District of Nanaimo Electoral Areas A, B or C
- Family household income is below Statistics Canada Low Income Guidelines (see chart below)
Please note: Post secondary students are not eligible for LEAP.
|Number of People in Household
|Annual Household Income
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Submit the LEAP Application online (form below) or in-person at any City of Nanaimo recreation centre
- Include a copy of the following:
- Prior year Notice of Assessment
- Photo ID for All Adults in the Household
- Proof of Residency (if different from ID)
CANADIAN TIRE JUMPSTART PROGRAM
Apply for funding through the Canadian Tire Jumpstart program. Your child may be eligible for up to $600 per year in funding apply online today.