Fire & Rescue
Working smoke alarms save lives . . . test yours monthly.
Update - June 30, 2021
We've implemented a new phone system for the non-emergency Fire Department line (250-753-7311). It is very important to listen to the entire message to know which number to press to receive the help you need.
- General Inquiries and Fire Administration - press 1
- Fire Dispatch - press 2 - this is for non-emergency calls such as burning complaints, fire alarm testing, public assistance calls and smoke alarm issues
- Fire Loss Prevention - press 3 - this is for inquiries on burning regulations, inspections, business licences and building finals
- VIERA (Vancouver Island Emergency Response Academy) - press 4 - fire training questions
- Media requests - press 5 - for calls from media personnel