Distributed February 7, 2017 9:00 AM
City to host Family Day weekend activities
This Family Day holiday weekend, the City of Nanaimo is celebrating family play with special family-focused events. On Sunday, February 12, Oliver Woods will be offering Gym Pals from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm for the price of $1.50 per child in recognition of Canada's 150th Birthday. Gym Pals is available for kids between the ages 1-4 with parent participation required. Activities provided encourage climbing, riding, jumping and playing. Both gyms will be open and prizes will be given out.
On Monday, February 13, a Family Fun Day swim will be held at the Nanaimo Aquatic Centre (NAC) and the Nanaimo Ice Centre (NIC) will host a variety of family skates. Please check the Public Schedules on the City website for more information.
Strategic Link: This priority supports a healthy, active, thriving community for the benefit and enjoyment of residents and visitors alike.
- Family Day Everyone Welcome swim will be on Monday, February 13 from 12-6 pm with family-oriented activities led by aquatic staff offered between 1-3 pm at NAC.
- Family Day Skates at NIC on Monday, February 13. Everyone Welcome 12-1:30 pm, Parent & Tot 1:30-2:30 pm, Everyone Welcome 1:45-3:15 pm, Stick ‘n’ Puck 12:15-1:15 pm and again 2:45-3:45 pm.
- Regular admission rates apply.
- All other City facilities and offices will be closed on Monday, February 13 for the Family Day holiday.
- British Columbia began observing Family Day on the second Monday of February in 2013.
|Start time:||Sun, Feb 12, 12:00 AM|
|End time:||Mon, Feb 13, 12:00 AM|
|Location:||NIC & NAC|
|Add this event to your calendar|