Request Fire Safety & Extinguisher Training
This training is not available at this time.
All training includes:
- Video presentation
- Fire safety lecture
- Question and answer period
- Live fire extinguisher training (held at Nanaimo Fire Rescue Training Centre)
- NOTE: Nanaimo Fire Rescue provides fire extinguishers
Cost is $15.00 per person with a minimum 10 and maximum 20 attendees per session.
Booking a Training Session
- Call the Fire & Loss Prevention Division at 250-753-7311.
- Sessions are available the last Wednesday of the month from April to September beginning at 9:30 am. Training takes approximately 1 ½ hours.
- Classes are booked on a first come first served basis.
- If the minimum numbers of students are not registered, the class will be rescheduled to the next available date. Classes are not confirmed until the Monday before.
- Nanaimo Fire Rescue Training Centre is located on Labieux Road near Dorman Road (between the City Works Yard and Fire Station #2).
- Lectures are conducted at Fire Station #2. (Parking is only available along the fence line of the Training Centre.)
To sign up, complete the Training Application Form below. This training is not available at this time.
NOTE: This form is a request only. Actual registration will be confirmed by phone.