How to Reset Your Website Password
The City of Nanaimo provides multiple services, many of which have their own login methods and ways to reset passwords. Please follow the directions in those areas for resetting your password.
This tutorial is for MyCity, What's Building in My Neighbourhood, Casual and Temporary Employment, Website Subscriptions, and the Website Calendar applications and the City Single Sign-On that is used to access all of them under one account. Here's how to reset your City Single Sign-On account:
1. Go to https://www.nanaimo.ca/user/login/forgot-password.
2. Enter your email address of your account. If you use Google or Facebook or any other login method, enter the email address you use to log into that account. Check the I'm not a robot checkbox. Click the Send Password Reset Email button.
3. Check your email inbox. It may take up to 10 minutes for our system to send and your email provider to receive the reset email. If you do no see the email in this period, also check your Junk or Spam folder with your email provider.
4. Once the email arrives, click on the link.
5. Choose a new password that is at least 9 characters and make sure the password matches. The interface will provide feedback, so ensure you follow that until the password feedback bar (the coloured bar between the two passwords) turns green. Click the Update Password button once complete.
And now you're done! You will be able to log into your City Single Sign-On with your email address and this new password.