Bylaw Notice Dispute Process
Get the facts before you act
Before you apply to dispute a parking ticket, keep these things in mind:
- A paid ticket can't be disputed.
- An adjudicator can't reduce the ticket amount.
- Fewer than 5% of tickets adjudicated are cancelled.
- A $25 fee is charged in addition to your ticket if your adjudication process is unsuccessful.
- The adjudicator makes a decision based on facts. Personal circumstances are not considered.
Submit a separate application for each ticket you choose to dispute.
Fill out a Bylaw Ticket Dispute Form
Did you get a notice by mail?
You may get a notice in the mail about a parking ticket that you did not receive on your vehicle. You will be required to pay this ticket using the Bylaw Notice Ticket Payment process.
Broken parking meters
- To avoid a ticket, don't park at a broken meter
- To report a broken meter, call 250-755-4468 and provide the meter number
Parts of a Parking Ticket
These are the parts of a City of Nanaimo violation ticket.
1. Vehicle Licence Number
2. Violation Date
3. Violation Time
4. Ticket Number