Online Crime Reporting
Nanaimo RCMP has officially launched an Online Crime Reporting tool designed to allow citizens to report non-emergency crimes in cases where there is no suspect, witness, or follow up required by a police officer which generates a report and police file number.
All reports are reviewed and will be used to help identify trends in criminal activity in the community.
To report a crime through the online tool, residents will need to provide their name, address, phone number, and a valid email address. The process typically takes 15 minutes to complete.
You can use Online Crime Reporting if:
- You have lost something that costs less than $5000
- Someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5000
- Someone has vandalized your property or vehicle and it will cost less than $5000 to repair it
- You want to report a Driving Complaint that is not in progress
- The crime happened within the jurisdiction of the Nanaimo RCMP
You cannot use Online Crime Reporting if:
- There is a witness or suspect (this restriction does not apply to Driving Complaints)
- There are lost or stolen items involving personal identity, firearms, licence plates or decals
To report a crime online, please visit: http://bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nanaimo/report
Reporting a crime online is only appropriate in non-urgent situations. Remember to always call 9-1-1 for emergencies.