MyCity Registration Tutorial
Welcome to MyCity, your one-stop shop for 24/7 information on your City of Nanaimo accounts. We’re hoping that these step-by-step instructions will help you through the registration process; however, if you have any further questions, please don’t
hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!
- Register for your new MyCity account. Click on the Log in button in the top right-hand corner of our site.
- Scroll down the page to the Website/MyCity Login section and click Register for an account.
- Enter your email address in the Email field, check the I’m not a robot checkbox, then click the Register button.
- You will see a message about checking your email. Do that! This might take up to 10 minutes but is usually much quicker. When you receive an email from the City of Nanaimo’s Webmaster account, click on the email confirmation link.
- Choose a new strong password that turns the password strength bar green. Repeat the password for both fields.
NOTE: If your password isn't strong enough, the password strength indicator bar between the two passwords will appear in red or orange. Your password is strong enough when the bar turns green.
Once you have created a strong password, turning the password strength indicator bar green, and entered the password twice, click Update Password.
- Once in your Dashboard, click on the
Visit MyCity button in the
MyCity section at the top.
- You will arrive in your MyCity Account page, and here you will see all of your configured tax, utility and other accounts once they are connected. To connect an account, click Register Account.
- Click on the type of account you’d like to register.
- Enter your Account Number/Folio/Permit Number and Access Code from your bill (each account type uses a different number). Save a tree by signing up for eBilling that will send you an email with your bill as soon as we generate it! (You can always download and print off your bill later from within MyCity.)
- Click the Register button
to confirm the new account. You will see a confirmation, and can hit the OK button.
- Click on the Home button to be taken back to the MyCity Accounts page, where you will see your new account!
Click on the account bar or arrow to see details of your account.