Distributed February 6, 2017 9:30 AM
Solid waste collections during snowy conditions
As weather conditions allow, solid waste collection drivers will attempt pickup on scheduled routes today. However, Nanaimo residents are advised that, due to snow coverage and challenging road conditions, solid waste collection in some areas may be missed, particularly in areas at higher elevation.
The City would like to thank residents for their patience and understanding for routes missed Friday, February 3 due to snow.
Strategic Link: N/A
- If your garbage collection is missed please take it back in. We will collect it on your next scheduled garbage collection day. For today’s routes that will be Tuesday 21st February. We will take extra on that date (no need for a tag).
- If your Kitchen Waste collection is missed please take it back in. We will collect it on your next scheduled kitchen waste collection day. For today’s routes that will be Tuesday 14th February. If you have too much kitchen waste you can place it in your garbage (this is an exception for snowy weather only).
- If your recycling is missed today please leave it out for two days. The contractor will do their best to collect it on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. If it is not collected on Tuesday or Wednesday please bring it in and put it out on your next scheduled recycling collection day. For today’s routes that will be Tuesday 21 February. There is no limit to the amount of recycling you may place out
- For those collections missed on Friday 3 February: your garbage will be collected on your next garbage collection day (Monday 20th), your kitchen waste will be collected on your next kitchen waste collection day (Friday 10th) and if your recycling has not been collected by tomorrow (Tuesday 7th), please put it out on your next recycling collection day (Monday 20th).
- Public Works is currently receiving high call volumes, please only make a call if the matter is urgent.
- Please refer to the City's web page and social media accounts for updates.