Distributed November 2, 2016 8:31 AM
Are You Open for Business?
City of Nanaimo 2017 Business Licence Invoices will be sent the end of November
Your City of Nanaimo 2017 Business Licence Invoice will be coming to you at the end of November. If you’ve closed, sold, moved your business or changed your business phone, mailing or email address, you need to notify the Licencing Section as soon as possible.
Notification can be done by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 250-755-4482 or in person at the City of Nanaimo Service and Resource Centre located at 411 Dunsmuir Street across from City Hall.
Businesses that continue to operate in 2017 that have outstanding licence fees will show not in good standing under their licence status when searched on the City of Nanaimo Website Business Licence Search.
Strategic Link: Taking responsibility to be an excellent municipal government by communicating internally and externally while preserving and enhancing quality of life in Nanaimo through efficient, effective, affordable delivery and facilitation of municipal services.
- If your business licence invoice is not paid, your business will not be licenced for 2017 and you could be subject to a $100 dollar fine daily, that if not paid will be sent to collections.
- If you did not notify the Licence Section that your business has closed or been sold and the fee is not paid, the account will continue to show outstanding and you could be subject to fines, that if not paid will be sent to collections.
- The Central Vancouver Island Inter-Community Business Licence program came into effect January 2014. Primary Licence holders that are mobile can obtain an additional licence for $150 dollars that will allow them to work within the 12 participating municipalities cutting costs for local businesses.
- Did you know that in the City of Nanaimo no business entity is permitted to sell, offer for trade, sale or distribution, shark fins or their derivative. Bylaw 5351.08.
- On March 1, 2016 "BUSINESS LICENCE AMENDMENT BYLAW 2015 NO. 5351.12" came into effect, regulating food trucks and trailers in the City of Nanaimo. Permitting mobile food vending in designated city parks and on-street locations.