A business case will be prepared around the addition of a staff member to focus on coordinating the Environmental Sustainability Action Plan.
The First Unitarian Fellowship of Nanaimo will be receiving $20,000 to extend their shelter hours until March 31, 2020.
The Mid-Island Youth and Community Development Cooperative will receive a $2,850 Community Program Development grant for a Nanaimo Earth Day Social Enterprise.
Approval was granted for a 911 firewall upgrade, with $30,000 in funds allocated towards it.
The City will join the E3 Fleet program and complete a Green Fleet performance review in 2019.
Section 9 b
New terms for excluded employees
The new Management Terms and Conditions of Employment bylaw passed three readings.
Section 10 a
Development around Nanaimo
Council approved a ten-year co-management agreement with the Harbour City Theatre Alliance Society for the property at 25 Victoria Road.
Section 10 c
A development permit was issued for 560 Third Street. A rezoning application for 4061 Norwell Drive was denied.
Sections 10 d, e
Supervised consumption site
Changes are expected to be made to the Zoning Bylaw 4500 to speed up the process to designate Supervised Consumption Sites in Nanaimo.
Section 10 f
Hosting the 2020 AVICC
The City will partner with the Regional District of Nanaimo to host the 2020 Association of Vancouver Island Coastal Communities Convention.
Section 12 b
July 8, 2019 Regular Council Meeting - agenda, documents and video
- July 11, 5 pm: Design Advisory Panel Meeting, Boardroom, Service and Resource Centre, 411 Dunsmuir St
- July 15, 1 pm: Governance and Priorities Meeting, Service and Resource Centre, 411 Dunsmuir St
- July 15, 4:30 pm Regular Committee of the Whole Meeting, Shaw Auditorium, Vancouver Island Conference Centre,80 Commercial St
- July 17, 9 am: Finance and Audit Committee Meeting, Service and Resource Centre, 411 Dunsmuir St
- July 18, 5:30 pm: Board of Variance Meeting, Service and Resource Centre, 411 Dunsmuir St
Upcoming Meetings List
Upcoming Community Events
- July 10, 6-7:30 pm: Concerts in the Park "Randle Parker Band in Maffeo Sutton Park (Free)
- July 13, 3-5 pm: Silly Summer Saturdays in Nanaimo Aquatic Centre (regular admission rates apply)
- July 16, 12:30-1:30 pm: Concerts in the Park "The Fates" in Maffeo Sutton Park (Free)
- July 17, 6-7:30 pm: Concerts in the Park "Kenny Shaw and Brian Temple" in Bowen Park
Community Events Listing