An application for temporary hydrant use is required to operate and draw water from a City fire hydrant. Application and fee payment must be received at least seventy-two (72) hours before the requested use date.
Liability Insurance Naming the City as Additional Insured
This field is required
Any permission and/or approval granted herein is at all times subject to the following:
- The applicant shall at all times accept full responsibility for any accident that may occur or damage that may be done to any person or property whatsoever, whether cause directly or indirectly by these works, and shall save harmless and keep indemnified the City of Nanaimo from all claims and demands whatsoever in respect of these works and such works.
- Please include a copy of your insurance certificate for a minimum of $2 million comprehensive general liability naming the City of Nanaimo as additional insured. If the City has a copy of your insurance with the valid period of time identified, it is not necessary to include it with this application.
- At no time shall the applicant remove any port cap nor use any port that does not have a meter and backflow prevention installed. Unauthorized use of a hydrant port may result in the immediate termination of use and a fine in accordance with the Waterworks Regulation Bylaw.
- This permit is granted subject to and without prejudice to the provisions of the Highway Act, or any other acts governing City lands and public works or their use by the public, and subject to and without prejudice to any City Bylaws.
- This permit is valid only for the specified time at the direction of the Engineering & Public Works Department or the Nanaimo Fire Department without recourse should the applicant fail to comply with all the conditions of the permit.
- The City will supply and install a metered backflow prevention device with valves opened by the City.
Upon approval, this permit is good for the above dates and location(s) only. This permit is not transferrable and is subject to cancellation without notice. The hydrant will be available for use within seventy-two (72) hours of approval of this permit. Public Works will advise the estimated day/time of the hydrant meter installation via email or phone.
Collection and use of your personal information
Information collected on this form is done so under the general authority of the Community Charter and