Working in City Streets Right-of-Way

Businesses, contractors, and residents wishing to work within City Streets and Right-of-Way (boulevards, sidewalks, multi-use trails, and lanes) must have a permit to do so. This includes the placement of work equipment on City streets such as scaffolding, dumpsters, cranes and other work equipment. 

The City also requires compliance with the Engineering Standards and Road Safety Construction Guidelines when working in these areas.

Additional information and the required applications can be found below:

Still have questions?

For Traffic Control Courses on City Streets, please contact the Engineering Department at:

Phone:  250-754-4251  Ext. 4230

For all other Work in City Streets and Right-of-Way, please contact the Engineering & Environment Section at:

Phone:  250-754-4251

Contact Us

Engineering Department 250-755-4409
250-755-4403 (Fax)

Last updated: August 22, 2017

Help us improve our website

Don't include private or financial information in this form.