PLEASE NOTE: Due to Covid-19, all recreation facilities are shut down, programs are cancelled and sports fields, playgrounds and other outdoor amenities are closed until further notice. Clients will be contacted as soon as possible regarding refunds. Please follow us on Facebook (cityofnanaimolocalgovernment) for the latest developments.
Senior Recreation Programs
If you or your partner are 60 years or older, you qualify for a Nanaimo Harbour City Seniors (NHCS) Membership!
We have many programs and services geared for the active ager! NHCS exists to provide opportunities for seniors in our community to lead more meaningful, active, healthy and complete lives by enabling them to participate in organized activities and make new friends.
There are many benefits to being a NHCS member:
- Over 50 programs to choose from (arts, crafts, cards, games, dance, fitness, wellness, language, music, special interest, sports)
- Additional low cost programs available
- Ability to be part of a great social network
- Access to free health programs (vision, hearing, blood pressure testing)
- Access to free income tax preparations for those with low income
- Membership Cards may be used for identification
*Please note* The Nanaimo Harbour City Seniors annual Open House March 17 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm has been CANCELLED.
Schedules and programs
Take a moment to view our current Activity Guide.