PROGRAM AND FACILITY UPDATES:
In response to the Provincial Heath announcement from December 2, 2020, (https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020HLTH0063-001998) effective immediately all City of Nanaimo recreation facility indoor adult team sports will be paused until further notice. All high intensity fitness related programs have already been paused until further notice.
We appreciate your patience and support as we deal with this ever-changing landscape.
Covid-19 has dramatically changed how we all live, work, socialize, and recreate. The City has taken a very thoughtful, informed and cautious approach to operating as a way to ensure the health and safety of all of our participants.
The safety protocols and procedures in the recreation facilities ensure that the City is in compliance with the Provincial Health Orders. Procedures have been put in place to meet the physical distancing requirements and mass gatherings order of a maximum of 50 people in the facility/event set out by the Province of BC. This means:
- The City must meet the physical distancing requirements and mass gatherings order of a maximum of 50 people in the facility/event set out by the Province of BC.
- City operated facilities must have a COVID-19 Operating Plan to follow based on size and layout.
- Some programs have had to be temporarily suspended as Public Health Orders are updated.
Please note that due to COVID-19, we did not produce our Fall and Winter Activity Guide. To find out what we are offering, please use one of the following tools:
Registration for Winter Programs is now underway. There are three ways to register:
- Telephone: call 250-756-5200
- In Person: Bowen Park, Nanaimo Aquatic Centre and Oliver Woods Community Centre
Please note that program information is changing on a regular basis, so check back for updates often.
PUBLIC PRE-REGISTERED DROP-IN SCHEDULES:
Pre-register for your sessions online up to 72 hours in advance. You may also call 250-756-5200 or visit Bowen Park Complex, Nanaimo Aquatic Centre or Oliver Woods Community Centre and book with front desk staff. Need help pre-registering for your sessions? Check out this tutorial video.
PLEASE NOTE: Schedules are subject to change without notice.
Learn more about our re-openings by watching one of our videos below.