What's Building in My Neighbourhood? provides up-to-date information about applications and permits in the City of Nanaimo.
You can filter the applications by clicking the green show filters button above the map.
You are able to filter the results shown by application type and neighbourhood. By default all application types for the entire city are shown.
Application types are broken down into three categories:
- Development applications
- Building permit applications
- Subdivision applications
This map displays the neighbourhoods boundaries.
For example if you want to see only subdivisions in the diver lake neighbourhood you would click clear all under Development applications and Building permit applications then clear all neighbourhoods and select only Diver Lake.
As you make changes to filters the results will update automatically.
The page will only show active applications unless you check include inactive. If this is checked it will include all results dating back to February 2012.
You can further refine your results using the search tab. You can search on any combination of the following criteria:
- Street address: This will search by full address or just street name. Only streets with at least one result are included. If you can't find a street then there are no results on that street.
- Keyword: This will search descriptions, addresses, and names for the word or phrase you specify.
- Bylaw No.: This will search by bylaw number for the application. For example 4500 will give you zoning applications.
- Status Changed to: This will search for applications that changed to the specified status in the given date range.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with all applications in your neighbourhood. You will receive emails when:
- New applications are posted in your selected application types and neighbourhoods.
- Files are added to an application.
- The status of an application changes.
You can choose from individual application updates, daily summaries, weekly summaries, monthly summaries.
If you log in your subscription settings will be your default filters. Subscribe now!