PLEASE NOTE: Due to Covid-19, indoor recreation facilities, including pools, arenas and weight rooms are closed until further notice.
The following amenities are open:
- Several programs held outdoors, including fitness and yoga (check https://cityofnanaimo.perfectmind.com)
- Some summer daycamps; register by the day at https://cityofnanaimo.perfectmind.com
- Parks and trails
- Dog off-leash parks
- Tennis Courts
- Pickle Ball Courts
- Skateboard Parks
- Bike Park (Steve Smith and Pump Track at Beban Park)
- Sports Fields and Sport Courts (volleyball, basketball, lacrosse)
Please follow us on Facebook (cityofnanaimolocalgovernment) for the latest developments.
Gymnasiums & Weight Rooms
Oliver Woods Community Centre
Oliver Woods Community Centre is a multipurpose community centre. This state-of-the-art facility includes a preschool room, fitness studio and a twinned gymnasium. Drop-in sports include:
- Dodge Ball
- Floor Hockey
- Everyone Welcome Gym Time
Develop your strength, agility and cardiovascular fitness in one of our two weight rooms:
- Beban Park Weight Room (500 Bowen Road)
- Nanaimo Aquatic Centre Weight Room (741 Third Street)
Public Drop-in Schedule
See what gymnasium and weight room drop-in opportunities are available through our online schedule or view our public schedules (PDF format) from our Activity Guide.
Take a moment to view our current Activity Guide.
Other City of Nanaimo facilities and parks
Visit the Nanaimo Facilities Search for information on City facilities.
Visit the Nanaimo Parks Search for information on City parks.