Gymnasiums & Weight Rooms
Oliver Woods Community Centre
Oliver Woods Community Centre is a multipurpose community centre. This state-of-the-art facility includes a preschool room, fitness studio and a twinned gymnasium. Drop-in sports include:
- Pickle Ball
- Family Sport
Develop your strength, agility and cardiovascular fitness in one of our two weight rooms:
- Beban Park Weight Room (500 Bowen Road)
- Nanaimo Aquatic Centre Weight Room (741 Third Street)
Schedules and programs
See what gymnasium and weight room drop-in opportunities are available through our Public Schedules or view our Public Schedules (PDF format) in our Activity Guide.
Take a moment to view our current Activity Guide.
Public Admission Rates
Register for our weight room programs
- Online: Visit our iReg webpage where you can register from the comfort of your home. Available 24/7 with a valid credit card. Please call us at 250-756-5200 first to be setup as a client in our system.
- In Person: Visit Beban Park, Bowen Park, Nanaimo Aquatic Centre, Oliver Woods Community Centre and Nanaimo Ice Centre. Please phone 250-756-5200 to confirm hours.
- By Phone: Call 250-756-5200. During peak registration times, we may need to take your name and phone number and then call you back in the order calls are received.
Other City of Nanaimo facilities and parks
Visit the Nanaimo Facilities Search for information on City facilities.
Visit the Nanaimo Parks Search for information on City parks.