It's St. Patrick's Day and that means just about everything green is worn, eaten and drank today. Today don't just wear green, be green by making some simple lifestyle changes.
Here are some examples of little changes you can make:
- Reuse - do you have decorations or green clothing/accessories from last year? Why not use them again this year?
- Choose alternative forms of transportation - even just one day a week walk, bike or take the bus to work, shopping, running your errands, etc.
- Recycle - you can divert a large percentage of your household waste from the landfill. Check out this video on some tips.
- Reduce - reducing consumption reduces the amount you have to throw out and saves you money.
- Upcycle - a big trend right now is to upcycle your tired-looking furniture by sprucing it up to make it look new or repurpose it for a different use.
- Be water smart - water is essential to all forms of life. Conserve this precious resource.