Advisory Committee on Accessibility and Inclusiveness
The purpose of the Advisory Committee on Accessibility and Inclusiveness is to promote social and political equity within existing and proposed City plans, policies, bylaws and infrastructure and make recommendations to ensure that they are inclusive and accommodating to citizens of all ages, abilities and walks of life.
The Advisory Committee on Accessibility and Inclusiveness will:
- Identify barriers to inclusion and accessibility and make recommendations as to how to remove these barriers;
- Identify best practices in other communities and make recommendations based on the findings to promote social and political equity;
- Participate in reviewing City of Nanaimo draft plans, policies and procedures to prevent the creation of barriers in the future;
- Assist in developing a strategy for engaging with the community on issues relating to accessibility and inclusiveness;
- Discuss other issues referred to the Committee by Council, the CAO, GM’s or Directors; and,
- Work with Council to increase public awareness on issues related to accessibility and inclusion for all citizens.
To view meeting minutes visit the Meeting Document and Videos Page.
Terms of Reference
2021 Key Date Calendar