South Fork Water Treatment Plant is officially open and fully operational
The project planning initially started in the fall of 2009 and construction commenced May 2013. The treatment plant was fully operational on 4 December 2015 and the plant was officially opened on 7 April 2016.
The overall treatment plant project budget was $72.5 million, including design $10 million, pipeline installation $9 million and construction $51 million (plus contingencies).
Project funding sources are;
• $17.8 million from the provincial and federal governments through the Building Canada Fund,
• Community Works (Gas Tax) $17.1 million,
• Strategic Priorities Fund $1 million,
• Development Cost Charges $8.5 million,
• Water Fund Reserves $5.4 million,
• Borrowing $22.5 million and
• Private Contributions $0.2 million.