Each year the City of Nanaimo (City) undertakes capital improvement projects driven by growth, development, asset management, and other priority-based frameworks. As part of the City’s strategic planning process the 5-year Capital Plan identifies these projects and where possible combines those of similar scope and proximity to achieve economy of scale and a comprehensive product. There are several infrastructure improvements scheduled for construction within the Metral Drive corridor in 2020. As a result, these projects have been combined to create a comprehensive project that helps achieve the City’s goal to create and build a more sustainable, multimodal network that accommodates and moves people - not only motorists.
The Metral Drive Corridor Plan aims to increase the safety and comfort for people who walk, bike, take transit, and drive while ensuring that utility upgrades within the project area are completed with the proposed surface improvements.
The complete street concept will provide a comprehensive design that:
- Ensures comfortable and effective mobility for people of all ages and abilities;
- Improves safety, especially for those walking, cycling, or taking transit; and
- Enhances public amenities in the corridor, makes the streetscape more inviting, and provides connection to other trails.
MISS THE OPEN HOUSE?
Did you miss our Open House on November 27? No worries. You can check out the display materials by clicking here. (19.6 MB)
- Watch for us on Social Media: Follow @cityofnanaimo on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email us: At any time at Metral.Drive@nanaimo.ca
- Call us: 250-758-5222 Ext 5343