2023-2026 Council Strategic Framework
The 2023-2026 Council Strategic Framework was endorsed by Council at the June 5, 2023 Council meeting.
The Framework reflects six key focus areas that will serve to guide Council’s decision-making in the years ahead:
Implementing City Plan Action Plans and Key City Management Plans
- develop Action Plans that will help guide Council’s priority setting & implementation of City Plan over the term and into the future.
Social, Health and Public Safety Challenges
- continue to implement the Downtown Safety Action Plan and support the Nanaimo Systems Planning Organization, while continuing to advocate to senior levels of government for support.
Maintaining and Growing Current Services
- ensure that the City continues to plan for, maintain and grow its services while ensuring we are fiscally responsible and responsive to our community’s evolving needs.
- recognize the capital projects, both large and small, that will contribute to service and quality of life improvements across the City and commit to working to plan and resource future key capital projects.
Communicating with the Community
- commit to communication that is based on the principles of transparency, accountability and accessibility; understanding the importance of engaging with our community and stakeholders and ensuring we are responsive to their needs and concerns.
Governance and Corporate Excellence
- ensure that good governance and corporate excellence continue to be foundational to our work, allowing the City to provide excellent service delivery and innovative, expeditious information-based decision making.
2023-2026 Council Strategic Framework (PDF)