The City of Nanaimo is in the process of reviewing the home-based business regulations in Zoning Bylaw 4500. The update is intended to modernize the regulations to support home-based businesses while balancing the needs of the neighbourhoods in which they operate.
What is a home-based business? A home-based business can be either:
- a business operated AT home - where most of the work of the business is carried out at the home of the operator(s); or
- a business operated FROM home - where the home is used as a base, but much of the work is done outside the home.
We will be hosting an Open House on Tuesday, December 4 from 4:00pm - 7:00pm at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre Shaw Lobby (101 Gordon Street, Nanaimo, BC)
At the Open House you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the results of the Home-Based Business Needs Assessment Survey conducted in July 2018.
- Review and ask questions about the proposed home-based business regulations.
- Provide your feedback on the proposed changes.
If you are unable to attend the open house, you can view the boards here.
To fill out the Proposed Home-Based Business Regulations Survey, please click here.
If you have any questions or comments on the Home-Based Business Update, please contact us at 250-755-4465 or email email@example.com