Committee & Task Force meetings during COVID-19
Finance and Audit Committee meetings will be starting up again in June, Governance and Priorities Committee meetings will be scheduled as Special Council meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic and the Council Remuneration Task Force has been suspended indefinitely. All other existing committee meetings are resuming regular meetings, but being held electronically (via Zoom) during the pandemic.
$300,000 in unallocated pedestrian funds will be used towards the following intersection upgrades:
- Uplands Drive at McRobb Avenue - Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacons
- Victoria Road at Esplanade Street - Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacons and Curb Extensions
- Waddington Road at St. George Crescent – Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacons and Curb Extensions
- Hammond Bay Road at Nottingham Drive (south) – Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacons
- Front Street at Port Drive – Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacons and Curb Extensions
2020-2024 Financial Plan
Property taxes will see a 4.5% increase in 2020, instead of the 5.2% tax increase adopted earlier this year. Staff will be preparing the 2020 Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw based on the new figure.
Community Policing and Services Office
The Community Policing and Services Office at 18 Victoria Crescent will be relocating to the Service and Resource Centre building.
Development Around Nanaimo
An application to amend the liquor licence for Wolf Brewing Company (940 Old Victoria Road), permitting the hours of operation to be 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. seven days per week was approved.
Mapping amendments to the City’s Zoning Bylaw (to amend Schedule A) passed first and second reading, and the Public Hearing requirement has been waived due to COVID-19.
May 4, 2020 Regular Council Meeting – agenda, documents and video