Distributed April 4, 2016 1:00 PM
City invites public to celebrate opening of new water treatment plant
The public and media are invited to celebrate the grand opening of Nanaimo's new water treatment plant. On Thursday, April 7 at 10:30 am join representatives from Nanaimo City Council, Snuneymuxw First Nation, the Federal Government of Canada and GE Water and Process Technologies as they toast to pristine, safe drinking water for the residents of Nanaimo.
Strategic Link: Water: a safe and sustainable water supply
- The public and media are invited to celebrate the opening of Nanaimo's new water treatment plant on Thursday, April 7 at 10:30 am.
- Light refreshments and tours of the facility will be provided.
- Nanaimo's water treatment plant is located at 2500 South Forks Road.
- This $72.5 million project was made possible thanks to contributions of over $36 million from the Building Canada Fund, Federal Gas Tax Fund and BC Hydro's energy incentives program.
- The Building Canada Fund, Communities Component provided a major share of funding. The Union of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM), in collaboration with the Government of Canada and Province of British Columbia, administers the Gas Tax Fund in BC.
- The membrane filters, designed by GE Water and Process Technologies, remove particles down to 0.1 micron – one ten-millionth of a metre, smaller than most bacteria.
|Start time:||Thu, Apr 07, 10:30 AM|
|End time:||Thu, Apr 07, 12:00 PM|
|Location:||Nanaimo Water Treatment Plant, 2500 South Forks Road|
|Add this event to your calendar|