Committees, Commissions, Boards
The City of Nanaimo Council establishes Committees, Commissions, and other advisory bodies as a way of obtaining advice, feedback and ideas from subject experts and members of the public. The Board of Variance and the Parcel Tax Review Panel are mandated by Provincial legislation to carry-out specific functions.
Select Committee Member Application Process
The period to accept applications to sit on various City committees has now closed. Council will review the submitted applications at an “In Camera” meeting and the Legislative Services Department will notify the successful and unsuccessful applicants.
Please contact the Legislative Services Department at Legislative.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Call for Committee Membership
Terms of Reference and Meeting Dates:
Committee Reports and Appointments
- Council Select Committees Report - 2016-NOV-28
- Council Select Committees Presentation - 2016-NOV-28
- Committee Structure Report - 2016-JUL-11
- Committee Presentation - 2016-JUL-11
- Council Advisory Committees and Commissions - 2015-MAR-02
External Boads and Liaison
- Regional District of Nanaimo
- Vancouver Island Regional Library Board
- Municipal Insurance Association of BC
- Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce
- Nanaimo Airport Commission
- Nanaimo Port Authority/City Liaison Committee
- Snuneymuxw First Nations Liaison Committee
- Protocol Agreement Working Group Tripartite (Port of Nanaimo, City, SFN) Liaison Committee