Parks, Trails and Fields
Some of Nanaimo's greatest assets are its public outdoor spaces. With over 588 hectares of City parks, over 100 kilometres of trails, 65 playgrounds,and 22 sports fields, there is something for everyone to enjoy and discover. Within this section of the website, you'll find information about parks services and features. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.756.5200 for further information.
- Looking for a park? Visit the City of Nanaimo's searchable parks database Parks Search
- Pick up a copy of the latest Explore Our Parks & Trails brochure at your local recreation centre today.
- View a copy of the bike and bus route brochure cyclingtransitmap.pdf
- Planning a wedding? Booking a park wedding
- If you are looking for information about hosting an event in one of Nanaimo's parks please complete this application form and submit it to Bowen Park administration offices.
- Here are a few things to consider if you are planning to host an event in one of Nanaimo's parks
- Hosting an event at one of Nanaimo's public outdoor venues? Nanaimo Sport Tourism Guide
"How to steps' of booking a wedding or community event in one Nanaimo's parks
- Select your prefered site. Have a back up though, our parks are busy! Either be prepared to be flexible with the date/time or have another location. Keep in mind things like the availablity of power, washrooms, accessibility and parking.
- Complete and submit your application permit (download either from above).
- Once approved (can take up to a week for approval) the Allocations Clerk will contact you to review the details and conditions of the event site rental. You are responsible for adhering to the conditions listed on the application and contract.
- A day or two prior to your event pick up keys (if necessary) from the Parks, Recreation and Culture adminstiration office at 500 Bowen Road.
- After your event be sure to drop the keys off at the office and if you are planning an annual event be sure to get your application in early!