GENERAL INFORMATION ON CASUAL/TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT
Temporary and casual employees are often required to replace permanent employees who are on holidays, sick leave, maternity leave, etc.
During the summer months, we also require additional employees to assist in the repair and maintenance of roads and sidewalks, parks and trails and the installation of underground utilities.
The summer is also a busy time for our Parks and Recreation Department as they provide additional recreational activities for our youth. These seasonal positions are posted in February/March and can be found under "Job Postings".
CASUAL/TEMPORARY JOB APPLICATION
Please note that attachments are not searchable, therefore it is important that you provide as much detail as possible when filling out the online application form.
Online applications will be kept on file for a period of six months. You are welcome to update or delete the application at any time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMON TEMPORARY/CASUAL POSITIONS
- Completion of Grade 12, plus six (6) months experience and successful completion of a Building Service Worker - Level 1 course as well as a Class 5 Drivers Licence.
- Completion of Grade 12, Class 5 Drivers Licence, WHMIS
- Desirable: traffic control training; Class 3 drivers licence with air, Environmental Operators Certification (EOCP)
Arena Maintenance Worker
- Completion of Grade 12, plus successful completion of a Building Service Worker Level 1 course, Ice Makers Course Level 1.
- Minimum of six (6) months' experience in operating ice resurfacing equipment.
- Must possess 5th Class Power Engineers Refrigeration Certificate.
- Possession of valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence.
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by a minimum of six (6) month commercial or business school training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum typing speed: 50 - 60 wpm; proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Desirable: switchboard experience, customer service experience, desktop publishing
- Completion of Grade 12, and recent completion of Accounting 100 - Financial Accounting I, from a recognized university or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year related experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Minimum keystrokes required are 200 spm, and a minimum data entry speed of 100 spm; proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Desirable: cash handling, customer service experience.
- Completion of Grade 10, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification, C.P.R. “C” Certification, and National Lifeguard Certification (Pool Option).