Check out these Radio Commercials aired on 102.3 The Wave and 106.9 The Wolf
Get Set Safety Brochures - click to see full image
Get Set Safety Ads - click to see full image
Child Passenger Safety Program
Press Release: Nanaimo Fire Rescue Child Passenger Safety Program - Free Education Clinics. Parents and caregivers can have their child's passenger seat installation inspected for free by a trained child passenger safety educator. We offer free Education Clinics at various locations and times throughout the City. Appointments are required. View A-Channel News Clip
Please call 250-753-7311 for an appointment. For more information about child passenger safety, visit the BCAA Traffic Safety Foundation website or call their toll-free info line at 1-877-247-5551.
HURI - Help Us Respond Immediately
You can assist us with our response to those in need by staying alert, keeping mirrors adjusted to identify approaching emergency apparatus, yield the right of way immediately pulling over to the nearest edge or curb as required by s.177 of the Motor Vehicle Act of BC and driving defensively.
In April 2009, the BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor distributed a News Release stating "New Rules of the Road Protect Emergency Workers' Safety." The new Regulation will require drivers to slow to prescribed maximum speeds when approaching, from either direction, a stopped emergency vehicle that's on or beside an undivided highway and has its lights flashing.
For Home Owners
- FireSmart Manual - A manual to help home owners reduce the hazards associated with wild fires.
- Safety Around the Home - Tips for safety in various areas around the house and yard.
- 10 Safety Tips - Useful general tips for fire safety at home.
- Learn Not to Burn - Home and Camping Safety Tips for Kids
- Propane Barbeque Tips - Gas Barbeque Basics
- Smoking-Related Fires
- Kitchen Oil Fire - A short video demonstrating proper technique to extinguish a cooking oil fire