Cadastral Base Management
Management of the legal cadastral base including addressing, legal lot lines, easements and related base mapping features along with maintaining the relationship between physical features and the corporate land management system.
Operational Asset Management
The Engineering Support Services group provides support to related internal groups in efforts related to streamlining the efficient and intelligent collection, maintenance, and dissemination of information and analysis regarding the infrastructure of the City.
Utilities Data Collection
Engineering Support Services collects and reports on the City's infrastructure reporting process and GIS technology.
The creation of customized mapping for various departments within the organization and for the public. Some of the mapping is available through the digital and hardcopy mapping pages in this section of the website.
Engineering Support Services analyzes the collected data and reports to various departments using maps, data and visualisations.
Engineering Support Services provides the collected and/or analyzed data to internal customers to support a variety of business applications.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a class of information technology that has been widely adopted throughout government and business sectors to improve the management of location-based information. The group maintains a strategic plan that presents an approach for increasing the effective use of GIS within the City to improve operational effectiveness.
This plan has identified six major goals:
- Support decision-makers at all levels with access to accurate information.
- Maintain up-to-date information on assets and infrastructure.
- Promote and support the use of technology to enable an efficient and effective business process.
- Provide customized mapping, analysis and reporting solutions.
- Continue to develop and implement data standards.
- Administer program in a cost-effective and secure manner.