2020 Key Date Calendar
A recommendation will be going to Council to adopt the 2020 Governance and Priorities Committee Key Date Calendar.
Downtown Mobility Hub Project
A recommendation will be going to Council to approve an on-street Transit Exchange on Front Street adjacent to 1 Port Drive, and staff will now proceed to Phase 2 of the project to:
• work with the Regional District of Nanaimo to prepare a design for an on-street Transit Exchange,
• complete designs for the Downtown and Albert Street bikeways,
• complete a review of the Downtown Road Network to seek opportunities to enhance connectivity,
• finalize the Parking Management Strategy, and
• develop plans to optimize streetscapes and place making.
A recommendation will be going to Council to invite a representative from the Coastal Community Social Procurement Initiative to make a presentation during the next available Governance and Priorities Committee Meeting.
A recommendation will be going to Council for a GPC meeting to be scheduled on the topic of engagement, with an update on different emerging issues and a focus on neighbourhood associations.
Governance and Priorities Committee Meeting – November 4, 2019