The following recommendations will be going to Council for their consideration and endorsement:
That Council authorize entering into a Cost Share Agreement with the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure for Phase 1 of the Terminal Avenue Corridor Upgrades
project, and that the budget be increased by $1,371,178 in 2023.
That Council award a Permissive Tax Exemption Cash Grant of up to $5,000 to the Boys and Girls Club Central Vancouver Island for the portion of the property that it leases at 1985 Boxwood Road. Awarding a Permissive Tax Exemption for the 2024 taxation year was also recommended.
That Council award an “Other Grant” of $5,000 to the Fairway Gorge Paddling Society to host the Nanaimo Dragon Boat Festival.
A total of $8,662,47 in Neighbourhood Association Grant Funding is recommended for the following:
- Bradley Street Neighbourhood Association
- Chase River Neighbourhood Association
- Departure Bay Neighbourhood Association
- Harewood Neighbourhood Association
- Nanaimo Old City Association
- Newcastle Community Association
- Protection Island Neighbourhood Association
- South End Community Association
- Wellington Action Committee
That Council approve $16,000 in funding from the Sports Tourism 2023 cost centre for costs associated with the Junior All Native Tournament, including opening ceremony and special event licencing costs.
February 15, 2023 Finance and Audit Committee Meeting – agenda, documents and video