2019 Seasonal Vacancies - Parks & Recreation
Parks and Recreation
Mar 08, 2019 4:30 PM
The City of Nanaimo has the following seasonal positions available:
Recreation Leader I
Recreation Leader II
Recreation Leader III
Duties and Responsibilities
Job descriptions for Recreation Leader I, II and III are attached, as well as a summary of the positions available.
- All applicants are encouraged to submit a detailed resume.
- Recreation Leader II and III applicants MUST include a copy of first aid certificate or clearly indicate if you have registered for an upcoming course.
- Camps operate from July 2 to August 30, 2019.
- Attendance will be mandatory at a training session scheduled on Sunday, June 16 from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Attendance will also be required at two additional training sessions (June 17 or 18 and June 24 or 25) from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Successful applicants may also be considered to work in our Winter Break (Frosty Frolic) and Spring Break (Camp Firefly, Camp Action and Treefrog) Day Camps.
Compensation and Benefits
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing the specific competition 19-16 by the application deadline.
The City of Nanaimo is an inclusive employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.