Health and Housing Task Force
The purpose of the Health and Housing Task Force is to address the health and housing crisis in our community.
The Task Force will be required to:
- Work with Nanaimo Homeless Coalition (the "Coalition") to: fulfill the Community Plan requirements of the Federal "Reaching Home" (Designated and Aboriginal) funding; and,
- Determine the optimal governance structure to implement the Nanaimo Action Plan to End Homelessness
- Oversee the implementation of the Coalition's Action Plan to End Homelessness and Nanaimo's Affordable Housing Strategy
- Provide recommendations to Nanaimo City Council on other issues arising from and giving rise to homelessness in our community (poverty, mental health, substance use disorders)
- Provide status updates on the progress of the Task Force to the Coalition
- Determine the connection between the Regional District of Nanaimo affordable housing initiatives and those within the City of Nanaimo
- Advocate for additional resources from all levels of government for housing, health and poverty reduction initiatives
- Participate in the creation of a health, housing and homelessness communications strategy; and,
- Address other issues as the Task Force sees fit.
To view meeting agendas and minutes please visit the Meeting Documents and Videos page.
Live stream video will become available once the meeting has started.
Food Security Working Group Guidelines (Food Security Advocacy Group Sub-Committee)
2018 - 2023 Nanaimo Action Plan to End Homelessness
Nanaimo Affordable Housing Strategy
Terms of Reference
2020 Membership List