The City of Nanaimo offers you many opportunities to drop in for swimming, skating, a workout at one of our weight rooms or a game at one our gymnasiums.
Water Parks in the Summer
Nanaimo has four water parks open from June to September (weather permitting) from 9 am until 8 pm.
- Departure Bay Kiwanis Park (off Bay Street)
- Deverill Square Park (200 Irwin Street)
- Harewood Centennial Park (740 Howard Avenue)
- Mansfield Park (850 Cadogan Street)
Playground Program Schedule in the Summer
The playground program offers children, ages 5 to 12, a chance to play games, make crafts and play sports with a summer leader. This program is FREE!
For 2018, visit the following parks from July 4 to August 29:
- Monday to Friday, 10 am-3:30 pm at Harewood Centennial Park and Mansfield Park.
- Monday to Wednesday, 10 am-3:30 pm at Carmanah Park and Country Hills Park
- Thursday and Friday, 10 am-3:30 pm at Coal Tyee School and Groveland Park
We also have three FREE Family Fun Nights. Join us for games, crafts and so much more on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 28, 4-7 pm at Departure Bay Park
- Thursday, July 26, 4-7 pm at Mansfield Park
- Thursday, Augut 30, 4-7 pm at Harewood
Visit Nanaimo Aquatic Centre, Beban Pool or, during the summer, Westwood Lake for public swimming, length swimming or aquafit classes. While you're there, relax in the sauna, steam room or hot tub. Check the Public Schedules for the most up-to-date swimming information.
In the summer, Westwood Lake has lifeguards on duty every day from 12-6 pm (weather permitting). Find them there from June 24 to September 3 (including Canada Day, BC Day and Labour Day).
Skate at one of four ice sheets. Choose from the Nanaimo Ice Centre, Frank Crane Arena or Cliff McNabb Arena. Check the Public Schedules for the most up-to-date skating information.
Get a great workout at one of our two fully stocked weight room. Choose from Nanaimo Aquatic Centre or Beban Pool Weight Rooms. Check the Public Schedules for the most up-to-date weight room information.
Our twinned gymnasium facility at Oliver Woods Community Centre features a variety of drop-in sports. Choose from badminton, basketball, floor hockey, futsal, pickle ball, volleyball and more! Check the Public Schedule for the most up-to-date gymnasium information.
Public drop-in schedules
To see the latest,up-to-date schedules, please visit our schedules page or view the PDF schedules.
IReg - our online program registration.
Other City of Nanaimo facilities and parks
Visit our Facilities Search Database for information on City of Nanaimo facilities.
Visit our Parks Search Database for information on City of Nanaimo parks.