Join us this winter for programs in our pools!
- Click on our Winter 2021 Guide (PDF) - registration is now underway. Please note that we will be offering swimming lessons starting in January.
You can find the Nanaimo Aquatic Centre Drop-in schedule HERE. Nanaimo Aquatic Centre and Fitness Gym are open.
Pre-registered swimming, skating, drop-in sports, weight room workouts and pottery sessions are available with the City of Nanaimo, Parks, Recreation and Culture. All sessions must be pre-registered and pre-paid up to 72 hours in advance. This limits the number of participants to comply with the Provincial Mass Gathering Order and give adequate time between sessions for staff to clean and sanitize the facility.
There are three ways to pre-register:
- Online: visit www.nanaimo.ca/goto/PRC-Registration and choose the appropriate drop-in activity. Clients will need to create an account, and payment is done through Visa or Mastercard. This is the preferred method as it is the most efficient.
- Telephone: call 250-756-5200 and book using a Visa or Mastercard.
- In Person: stop in at Oliver Woods Community Centre, Bowen Park Complex or Nanaimo Aquatic Centre to book with a front desk clerk using cash, Visa or Mastercard.
Schedules (in PDF format) for pre-registered drop-in sessions at Nanaimo Aquatic Centre, Nanaimo Arenas, Oliver Woods Community Centre and the Bowen Park Pottery Studio are available online. If a session is full, it will not show as available to book when looking or trying to book online.
- Swimming sessions at Nanaimo Aquatic Centre consists of 50 metre leisure and lengths, family and aquafit.
- *Please note* water fountains are not available, please bring your own filled water bottle.
In person registration is available at the following facilities once they open to the public during the following times:
- OWCC front desk Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm (closed 12-1 pm) & 9:30 am-2:30 pm Sat/Sun
- Bowen front desk Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm (closed 12-1 pm) n/a weekends
- NAC front desk Mon-Fri 6:15 am-7:30 pm (closed 2-3 pm) & Sat/Sun 6:15 am-7:30 pm (closed 11-11:30 am)
Schedules are subject to change. To view admission rates click HERE.