Join us this fall for programs in our arenas!
We are excited to welcome you back into the arenas. We have set up new guidelines to follow when entering the facilities. Please watch a short video for instructions and what to expect upon arrival. See you soon!
A few swimming, skating, drop-in sports, weight room workouts and pottery sessions are starting up again with City of Nanaimo Parks, Recreation and Culture this month. All sessions must be pre-registered and pre-paid up to 72 hours in advance. This new system in place will limit participants to comply with the Provincial Mass Gathering Order and give adequate time between sessions for staff to clean and sanitize the facility.
There are three ways to pre-register:
- Online: visit www.nanaimo.ca/goto/PRC-Registration and choose the appropriate drop-in activity. Clients will need to create an account, and payment is done through Visa or Mastercard. This is the preferred method as it is the most efficient.
- Telephone: call 250-756-5200 and book using a Visa or Mastercard.
- In Person: stop in at Oliver Woods Community Centre, Bowen Park Complex or Nanaimo Aquatic Centre to book with a front desk clerk using cash, Visa or Mastercard.
Schedules (in PDF format) for pre-registered drop-in sessions at Nanaimo Aquatic Centre, Nanaimo Ice Centre, Oliver Woods Community Centre and the Bowen Park Pottery Studio are available online. If a session is full, it will not show as available to book when looking or trying to book online.
In person registration is available at the following facilities once they open to the public during the following times:
- OWCC front desk Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm) & 9:30am-2:30pm Sat/Sun
- Bowen front desk Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm) n/a weekends
- NAC front desk Mon-Fri 6:15am-7:30pm (closed 2-3pm) & Sat/Sun 6:15am-7:30pm (closed 11-11:30am)
Schedules are subject to change and admission rates can be found HERE.